Sunday, May 4, 2014

kitchen gadgets...

this post is dedicated to my dear friend nani, who also shares my passion for cooking and fun kitchen gadgets.  she challenged me to find my favorite kitchen gadget, and by the looks of my kitchen drawer you can tell it is a hard task.


after looking through it many times, i came up with my top four must have kitchen gadgets.


 from left to right we have:

1 - the microplane:  pefect for zesting citrus, parmesan cheese, ginger, garlic and onion,
2 - salad fingers - these bamboo salad fingers fit your hands perfectly for mixing and serving salads.
3 - wine aerator -  put this in your wine bottle as you would a cork and let it pour the perfect glass of wine for you.  it allows air to get it and let your wine breathe.
4 - scrapper/cutter - i am not sure the proper name for this tool, but i love it to transfer food from the cutting board to the pan or to cut doughs.

those are my top 4 favorite kitchen gadgets, but this has got me thinking about my other favorite kitchen must haves.  i am excited to see what nani has in her kitchen and feedback on what you use!?!?!?

2 comments:

  1. That is so amazing and I feel so honored that you dedicated a post to me :)

    I must say I have none of those gadgets in my kitchen LOL!!
    I used to have 2 bamboo salad spoons but one of them broke.
    I can totally see why the scrapper/cutter is on the top 4 also, whit all the baking you make I bet it's really handy when it comes to dough. I might have to buy one just for the transferring from the cutting board to the pan.....is it sharp enough to where you would be able to chop cilantro or parsley??

    I definitely need a wine aerator, although I feel like I don't have enough patience to pour slowly hahaha

    I see in your drawer one of those lemon squeezers, do they work?

    I'll get home a take a picture of mine and make a post... ok so new challenge....favorite kitchen appliance (but you cant pick a staple one, like stove-oven-fridge...although I would pick the dishwasher if I had one lol)

    ReplyDelete
  2. nani...i love the scrapper. but unfortunately it isnt sharp enough to cut or chop. but my favorite use for it is to transfer stuff from cutting board to pan. the lemon squeezer is good, but i dont use it all that often. i am excited to see your kitchen drawer and i will think about my favorite appliance.

    ReplyDelete