Thursday, October 29, 2015

make your own soda...

i am pretty sure that seltzer or soda water is a staple for any pregnant lady, but jarad also enjoys it as a substitute for soda.  it is just carbonated water, which satisfies the craving for a bubbly drink without the sugar of a soda and without the artificial sweetener and chemicals of a diet drink.  my mom has been really into these flavored gourmet olive oils and balsamic vinegars, and i have a good collection of them going at home now, but you can use the balsamic vinegars in your bubbly water for an interesting home made "soda."

just fill your glass with ice and soda water and a splash of your favorite vinegar flavor.  i have a few to try including lemongrass mint (a white balsamic), honey ginger and blackberry ginger (the one i tried today and loved!).  they make a great "mocktail" for this pregnant lady and you could always add in some vodka or your favorite alcohol for a refreshing cocktail.


5 comments:

  1. These are good! I think my fav is white balsamic w/ apricot or peach!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that sounds nice and refreshing. the lemongrass mint isn't my fav, but i did like the blackberry ginger, which is a new one for me. i also used it on my pork roast the other night.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. This is an interesting idea! I'm going to have to try this next time I'm at your place. Wonder if I'll like it considering my love/hate relationship with soda water. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an interesting idea! I'm going to have to try this next time I'm at your place. Wonder if I'll like it considering my love/hate relationship with soda water. Ha!

    ReplyDelete